Disastor Central (by )

Man I dont think the curse is ever going to go away 🙁

We've had yet another frought weekend from hell - sigh.

Ok first of the kittens must have cuaght a dodgy mouse or something as they both went a loo inside - H went in the bath like a good girl though - over the plug whole and everything and shes supposed to be the thick one! He on the other hand decided to poo on the carpet and wee in our wooden cube cabinet - that isnt varnished 🙁

Of course urine soaked into the wood and worse than that when we moved it to clean the carpet we found that where they had been going a wee on the carpet before - it had due to capillary action (I suppose) seeped under said unvarnished wooden cabinate - so guess who was boiling kettles of water (the water heater having died) and pouring what was left of the disinfectants into the bath - to soak the wood. The cabinate I would think will warp - but it was this or fire wood and a bit of warping we can cope with!

The cabinate after server soaking and some elbow grease is now in the workshop drying out - the bit that was soaking had swollen out side ways by at least 1/3 of an inch either side!

Then - Al was going on the night hike with the cubs - when he got there he discovered that somehow the back door of the van had been left ajar - but not enough to worry about - or so he thought!

Then on his way back he found all the Scout files in the drive - in the puddles :/

So I found my self laying out lots of things to dry including all the certificates we are supposed to give them on Wednesday! We checked and we had everything improtant - so breathed a sigh of relief that it hadnt been worse - this was probably our mistake!

Al had lost his special Cubs 90th birthday woggle on the hike so was sad about that.

I mean while had been attempting to do the washing up(the dishwasher still being broken) with Jean still awake as she was refusing to sleep - no afternoon nap, no nothing! It was getting quiet late and she was hyper with tiredness but refusing to sleep 🙁 We only ever leave her with controlled crying for a max of 10 mins - on the umpteenth attempt I'd given up and bought her down stair. however, somehow the ceramic mixing bowl had been placed with the plastic ones I have on the lower shelves for Jean saftey. The very reason it is not placed on the lower shelves is that Jean pulls everything off of those shelves - and vala - one broken bowl - fortunatly no broken bobble!

Anyway, Al came back and we finailly got bobble to sleep at about 11:30, we put the table back after its temporary rearrangement for carpet shampooing - ie aftermath of cats! We sit down to eat dinner - towards the end of the meal a smell arises and a guilty looking kitten emerges 🙁 We where not impressed I can tell you. Al cleaned it up and readed the carpet cleaner - again - this time with the speicial pet shampoo in it. He set it to ultra clean ie with conc. detergant and everything. Unfortunatly the thing had somehow been switched into upholstery mode. The result?

The certificates we had drying get sprayed, the clean jars for jam making get sprayed and the coats all get sprayed including my grandmothers fun fur.

Poor Al was distrote!

I delt with the certificates saving all but one, the jars have yet to be washed but I also had to wash down every coat - using the shower! Once more the house was full of soggy things drying - sigh. Al was finishing off his work work whilst I was cleaning the coats - we went to bed exhusted 🙁

Sunday we had what we thought was a productive day in Gloucester but when we got home the place smelt of urine - we did lots of carpet sniffing. It turned out to be my nans old fun fur coat, it smelt dreadful-it was hanging up in the bath drying from the little bit of water we'd sprayed on it to make it clean of carpet cleaning detergant. So with Al back to work I begain washing the coat - I used shampoo as in my hair shampoo - knowing that I was probably ruining the coat. I was horrified at the colour of water that coat produced!

We left the foul and feted thing, soaking in conditioner - I thought we'll its fur texture so I'll treat it like hair - besides I noticed that the cuddly toys that got covered in the leaked conditionar from the move, came up really nicely when washed and where really soft etc...

Off we went five minutes late (or so we thought) to Babaras for the wild life programme we've been watching with her every Sunday - to our horror she started shouting at us and asking where we had been etc... appearently she had cooked us a three course meal 🙁 I knew nothing of this and Al thought he had said wecouldnt make it. Understandably she was really upset - having expected us at 7 and it now being 9. This made Al feel even worse and like he'd mucked everything up 🙁 Still we did get a nice pudding which was welcome as we hadnt actually had dinner.

Back at the house at about midnight I was trying to put the soggy fun fur up to dry not realising how much it would way - in the process I pulled a muscle in my hand and in my belly and then when me and Al got it to hang up - it bent the metal thing we hung it on 🙁 We where not happy - nope not one little bit 🙁

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a comment

WordPress Themes

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales