And this time an ambulance… (by )

So I had stopped bleeding for about 2 weeks with just a little bit of 'marking' every few days and then I started what I again thought was a period and it was ok for a couple of days and then Mary had a hungry night and fed and fed and fed (breast). But I could feel the flow getting heavier and heavier and I started having to get up to change pads etc.. again and again and again and then it was time to get Jean up for school so I got up the last time and felt the bleeding become very heavy and was on everything - I made a right mess of everything.

And not quiet being with it I got into the bathroom and started to feel strange. I remember thinking this isn't good and Jean burst in her normal fashion and apparently I asked her to help me and tried to follow her out of the bathroom as she went to fetch my dad. He came up the stairs just in time to try and catch me as I passed out which was fortunate as I landed on the almost full length mirror I had propped up on the landing.

This mean I only busted the frame rather than shredding myself to pieces. But it also ment I was slumped on my knees laying sideways on a mirror. Jean apparently called my mum on my mobile phone (I think she just pressed the button she knows calls people and mum was the last person I'd phoned). Dad was trying to get me up to put me back in bed when mum arrived, I was trying to talk but unsuccessfully.

She called an ambulance, by the time they arrived the bleeding had slowed and I was trying to get up off the floor because as I kept repeatedly telling everyone I had to get Jean to school :/ I cried cos I was bleeding on the carpet and had ruined my favourite things and the baby was hungry and Jean had to go to school :/

It took both ambulance people to get me up off the floor and I screamed with pain 🙁 Mainly the pelvis. I was starting to feel more with it and embarrassed that I was causing a huge fuss and appeared to be half naked.

My sugar level was low but I hadn't had any breakfast so they spent time trying to get me to eat and drink. After three pints of water I started to feel a lot better - food had been hard as I felt so sick. As the bleeding had slowed down they called the Drs surgery and I went for an emergancy appointment.

And after an examination and a phone call to the hospital I have more antibiotics and hormone tablets to stop the bleeding. More bloods have been taken and I have a hospital appointment for Monday - by the time I got to the Dr I was just in pain and so very tired. I had lost lots of black jelly again though.

My womb is enlarged and the wound on the outside is even acting up again. I was barely able to walk with the crutches at the Drs surgery the pelvis was acted up so much. I think it extrememly lucky that I didn't pass out whilst using the crutches.

And then I should have just been going home to rest and take tablets but it didn't quiet work like that. Leaving the Drs we went to the Chemists to get the prescription or rather we stayed in the car whilst Dad went - none of us realised how late it was as I'd passed out at around 7 in the morning.

This meant that it was actually past lunchtime and Dad had not had his morning snack and had had lots of stress and so went hypo at the shop :/ They told him to stay put whilst his chocolate bar kicked in but he walked out and collapsed. He then got up and did it again. By this point people had stopped to help and he ended up sitting on someones steps with the pharmacists trying to find out where he lives. At this point me and mum were talking about how we should have made dad eat the banana he'd refused when we arrived as when there is stressfull stuff he tends to go hypo and then I saw the time and phoned him.

I ended up talking to the girl from the shop and they walked him down to the car - initially they'd asked if someone could come and get him not realising that we were in the car park. I had to explain that I'd been passing out, mum was a wheelchair user and we had the baby with us :/

They were concerned that he would try and drive but I assured them we'd wait and feed him the emergancy food.

So we got home just in time for the Jean pick up from school. I went to bed and slept as did everyone else except Jean who watched a film.

It was an adventure I hate living in Interesting Times :/


  • By Zooko, Sun 22nd May 2011 @ 1:11 am

    Wow, what a scary day. I'm glad everyone is okay.

    (I'm just some random person who got interested in Alaric's twitter feed.)



  • By sarah, Sun 22nd May 2011 @ 6:17 pm

    Thanks 🙂

    We're used to random people from twitter 🙂

Other Links to this Post

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a comment

WordPress Themes

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales